Hey, guys! Welcome back to my blog! I have another awesome free recipe for you to try! I don’t know about you, but I’ve been experimenting a lot more with cooking, baking and meal prepping during this period of self isolation. Which I have no issues with because I love creating new recipes to test and share with you all!
I’ve been trying to find a way to make a healthy breakfast in advance. I’ve been intermittent fasting lately, but I’m always so lazy to cook up a fresh, healthy breakfast when it’s finally time to eat. Besides, who wants to clean pots and pans first thing in the morning? Not me!
So I came up with these healthy breakfast burritos that keep for a few days in the fridge and freeze super well! If you are planning on meal prepping, I use 1 whole egg + 2 egg whites per burrito. So, if you’re planning on making 6 burritos for the week, that would be 6 eggs + 12 egg whites in the pan along with your vegetables.
If the veggies I use aren’t your favourite, fear not! They can easily be swapped out for the veggies you prefer. I like making dishes that are perfect for my tastebuds and I encourage you to find a pairing that’s perfect for yours!
Be sure to let the burritos cool completely before wrapping them up for the freezer. I wrap mine in some wax paper and have had no complaints. To reheat them, I pop them in the microwave for 5 minutes on half power. Reheat them according to your own microwave’s settings.
I really hope you enjoy this recipe and share it with your loved ones!
Veggie Omelette Breakfast Burritos
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2-3 cremini mushrooms
- 1 green onion stalk
- 1/4 cup vegan shredded cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 whole wheat tortilla wrap
- In a skillet, heat avocado oil over medium-low until hot.
- While the oil is heating up, slice mushrooms and green onion. Put aside. In a small bowl add the egg and egg whites and whisk together.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the pan and sauté until tender. Then add the egg mix, the green onion, salt and pepper, and vegan cheese and mix occasionally until eggs are cooked through. You want to make a scrambled egg-veggie mix.
- Lay a tortilla wrap flat and add the egg mixture to the centre of the tortilla. Wrap it like a burrito by folding the bottom end up over the egg, tightly. Then tuck in the corners and roll over until the burrito is sealed.
- Keeping the pan on med-high, add the burrito sealed side down onto the pan and cook until slightly browned. Flip and cook until the other side is slightly browned.
- If you're eating immediately, serve with a side of salsa, vegan sour cream if you'd like. If you're going to freeze the burrito, wait until it's cooled before wrapping in wax paper.
Don’t forget to share this post on social media and sign up for my newsletter for notifications when a new blog or recipe is posted.